Thursday, October 7, 2010

Breakout 3 - Teaching as Inquiry


I was keen to get into thinking about Teaching as Inquiry as I see it as an important next step for our school and a critical part of teaching practice, being constatntly reflective. I've always done that, to varying degrees, but I like the way the NZ Curriculum puts it there as an effective pedagogy reinforcing the fact that this is important for improving kids learning. Notes from the workshop is available on the softwareforlearning wiki. Got introduced to the idea of TPCK (Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge). Knew of PCK and I suppose this is a logical extension of it - the importance of teacher TPCK in how to effectively incorporate technology in their teaching. Also having a good opportunity to explore TKI, which I honestly need to spend much more time investigating, there's good learning here for teachers, for example these snapshots of teachers inquiry experiences using different ICT tools.

No comments: